Personal and Organisational Leadership
Leadership is about seeing a change that is required in the world and bringing together the resources necessary to effect that change. Leadership means influencing the organisation to face its problems and live into its opportunities. Leadership is about creating leaders, not about finding followers.
Leadership is not and never has been an easy path. Leadership is about choosing between 2 bad options, management is about choosing between a good or a bad option.
Leadership is Personal
The top four attributes of leaders who get the best out of the people around them are all personal characteristics:
- Honesty (also described as Integrity or Sincere Intent)
- Forward Looking
- Leaders must go first. The first steps in Learning Leadership.
- 8 Disciplines of Leadership
- Writing to Reflect: Building Mindful Leadership
- Good To Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t; Jim Collins http://amzn.to/15ugUwp
- The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations; Kouzes/Posner http://amzn.to/1fzczMa
- 4 Steps to Great Speaking
- 5 Aspects of a Powerful Speaking Voice
- 12 tips for public speaking
- 3 keys to powerful body language
- To speak well requires practice
- What makes an expert different?
- How to tell great stories
- The 4 types of audience
- 7 speaking suggestions from Reagan’s speechwriter
- Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking when Stakes are High; Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan http://amzn.to/18laHll
- The Leader’s Window: Mastering the Four Styles of Leadership to Build High-Performing Teams; John Beck, Neil Yeager http://amzn.to/15tLzVm
Managing Large Scale Change
- Leading Change; John Kotter http://amzn.to/1fzsABz